Friday, November 23, 2007

New Beastmaster Ability - Snarl


Firstly, thank you SE. /bow. Finally something for us lowly BSTs that isn't pure garbage. Secondly, not to sound like an ingrate but can we please have it for all pets? pleeeeease? >.>

OK, enough groveling and pleading. On to the posting about the new ability already!

As you no doubt guessed from the inital lines, Snarl can only be used with jug pets. I still can't Rampage a VT Dhalmel and transfer all that hate over to my tiny little bunny rabbit pet.....yet (wink, wink, nudge, nudge SE). Also its a level 45 JA so BST main onry!

I decided my first play around with Snarl would be down in the Sea Serpent Grotto while farming for scrolls and just generally messing around with EP/DC (?) mobs. I usually do this on RDM/THF with Raka along to have someone around when the Sahagins use Hydro Shot and reset hate on me. Then I can SA Savage blade them for good fun. ^^ Also, on RDM, I can cure myself unlike on BST/THF.

So off we went to SSG. The plan was me on BST/THF, Raka as the healer if/when needed and Carrie as our tank. Don't we make a fine looking party?



I frikkin LOVE my NPC. Shes so awesome to have along for farming among others things. Raka was doing well at her job this day as usual. I would hit yellow maybe once a pop round and boom, I'm back to full and with no aggro from ele's I'll remind you.



She also drops in her own weapon skills from time to time which I love to chain off of. SE also adjusted skillchains in the last update allowing the resulting skillchain damage to go less resisted. Heres the result....



...and a fine reason to Snarl. Carrie tanks the rest of this fight without the mob turning back to me even if I'm going full on.



SA'd Rampages make for fun numbers and for even funnier hate for Carrie to acquire.




















Snarl was also handy for the odd Hydro shot that reset hate when I didn't have tp to drop back on Carrie in the form of hate.



All in all, I LOVE this ability for farming. I really, really hope SE will make it for all BST pets. Exping will be so much more fun being able to WS mid-fight and not worry about the mob wailing on you the rest of the fight. Thats just not possible with jug pets since exp mobs eat them for lunch. Heres hoping...

6 comments:

CourierCarrie said...

I tried to exp on imps with snarl last night lol didnt work to well lol anyways - i'll have to try the farming. sounds fun

Ennayram said...

Just make sure you Stay Carrie and go pull the mobs yourself either by aggro or whackin em with your axe. CC was getting a nice chunk of HP back while I pulled. She always despawned instead of being beaten outright.

Anonymous said...

So far I have found Snarl to be great for farming lower level things like Spiders for Spider Web and so on, and for longer NM fights where you just want to get rid of your hate every now and then. It is also very nice to be able to go in and attack a little on NM's, then disengage and move out of the threat building range and Snarl off that hate. Snarl for all pets, yes please, but I am liking it more and more as it is now. It has saved my life on things like Jailer of Prudence as well ^_^)/

Ennayram said...

ya, I wouldn't lose sleep over never getting Snarl for all pets but if they DID give it to us, I;d be the happiest BST alive ^^;

Ennayram said...

Oh, and we need comment abilities on your blog Decu :p

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am working on a commenting system hehe. Been busy with other web projects that actually pay money lately, but the commenting system should hopefully be up within next week.