Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More random FFXI fun

Starting out with some rare RDM footage...

Loren was needing Garuda's Wind belt for our upcoming Ouryu attempt hoping that the +20 earth resistence would be of value so I volunteered to come help him and in the process, break out my rusty ol' RDM for it. The fight went about as expected especially since we disobeyed the cardinal rule of not fighting avatars on their elemental day of the week. Yay for Garuda fun on Windsday! So what did that mean in the end? Aerial Blast > Loren!


I had commented that I was yet to fight an avatar that broke through my Stoneskin with its 2 hour. Well that record was broken as you can see above but nonetheless, RDM > Avatars and Garuda did not prevail. Good thing we RDM's have raise too eh Loren? :p


Grats on the belt that was used for our Ouryu fight as stated previously. Ouryu didn't go so well but as a linkshell that is relatively new and doesn't have the fire power to tp or mana burn things yet, I think we did OK. We really had no idea what to expect. I decided in the end to come out on RDM/BST to look after the worms and provide some refreshes and cures here and there. A fun fight but it got a little frustrating after about the 4th death. Kinda felt like we were banging our proverbial heads on the wall. I guess the LS bosses wanted to get as much info and experience from the fight as they could for next time.

















More BST fun. Apparently carrie can randomly use 2 tp moves in one go. I wish I knew how to recreate this but alas...


And last night, I was farming in the Boyahda Tree and decided to check on Ancient Goobbue while I was there. Now I have tried him a couple of times before. As a duo, hes cake. Solo on /whm? I don't know how people do it. I DID get him to 4% once on /whm and then made the mistake of meleeing with my pet to finish him off. KER-SPLAT! Ancient Goobbue pwns Ennayram. Now when I farm in the Tree, I always do it /nin which I find to be faster and more efficient. I had also heard that AG is easier on /nin and now I have to agree. I died on my first attempt though when I lost concentration and the T leech I was using uncharmed and bought AG and a bunch of his friends over to visit. Second time around, I just used the crawlers which while only check as DC, a) charm without a hitch...EVER! b) don't uncharm and c) do about the same damage as the leeches seemed to do
















No Great Katana drop...AGAIN but I'm stoked to have gotten my revenge on this {Bastard sword}. I'll be back for more you big mean sack of %$@#!! XD

No comments: