Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nyzul Update #8 and more!

Well then. Quite the entertaining past few days to be sure. New weapons, SAM update, Nyzul run, Yovra farming, funny friends and more all in this post!

Lets get started with the Nyzul update.

Last night was our first night with Snoochybooch along with us after the debacle of the last posting. Things worked out just great. It's nice having someone like Booch join us where there is no need for any coaching on how Nyzul isle is done. Only things we had to talk about was little things we do specific to our group like who calls drop etc.
Anyway, Booch is coming WAR/NIN for a while till I get SAM to 75 at which point, he can swap over to RDM either permanently or periodically. We'll see. With Booch on WAR/NIN, that allowed Loren to go WAR/SAM and deal some extra damage. It worked really well having that extra damage and having him paired with a good tank like Booch for the "all" floors. Booch and Aless did great tanking the whole night.
After being with us for a while now, Ajninx hadn't received a drop yet and we were adamant that we wanted to see our primo BRD get the drop of his choice for his first drop so I gave him the choice of which boss level he wanted to farm. He really wanted to pimp it up with the rest of us in our Korazin's so it was decided floor 80 spam would continue till he got his Goliard Saio. Lets go!
Fist run saw Hydra waiting for us at floor 80. Yay not Cerberus! And usually Hydra drops something.....cept this time. >.> Round 2....Cerberus -.- This was kind of a good thing as I wanted to see how our WAR WAR WAR THF melee team did without SAM. Apparently it went great as Cerb went down without too much of a problem. Though we hate Cerb for all his Magma Hoplom spammage, he yet again garnered our love with a drop....GOLIARD SAIO! BAM! Congrats Aj! Well deserved indeed.


So now that Aj had his drop, we could start working on some other floors for the multitude of other drops we needed. I decided we'd finish our last 2 tags on easy floor 20's. Note the word "easy"? Floor 16 of our first try. ToAU bosses...Flayers. Hmm, ok. Lots of undead on the floor and we got some HP aggro which finally ended in lots of death. Took us like 15 minutes to kill the bosses. -.- Hate flayers. Floor 17, specific enemy. Oh good, an easy one. Floor 18, ToAU bosses again...Frogs. Orz. This isn't going to end well. Oh well, we'll finish this floor and leave. Just take the tokens. NOT SO FAST ENNA! Linked Frogs = no tokens for j00! Booch got charmed which he was happy about apparently...


...then after everyone was dead, Aj tried to get up for raises...



...well at least the frog is classy about it and we all got a bunch of laughs from it. lol

So we had one more tag for the night and I'll be damned if we were ending like that so we had another crack at 20. This time we BREEZED to 20 and happily saw behemoth standing there waiting. last tag of the night also = 2 hour spammage ^__^b. behemoth got his ass handed to him again and drop! Askar feet. Decided that Booch could lot them even though it was his first night with us. No one else had them on the list as something they really wanted so I felt good about that. he played well all night and looks to be a great addition to the team so its nice to be able to give him some incentive to enjoy the event with us on a long term basis. Right Booch??!!


Congratulations on the drops guys. Lets keep up the great work!




After Nyzul, I organized with Bubbo to go Yovra organ hunting. We both need 2 organs. 2 for Bubbos Light gorget and 1 for each of my Snow and Flame gorgets for SAM.
I had read that the Ul' versions can be duo'd "by a skilled MNK and RDM" so what the hell, lets give it a whirl!
Turns out they are actually quite easy though maybe thats more just a sign of how good Bub is on MNK. We got one drop from 4 UFOs last night which in hindsight I should have just let Bub have. I think it was the /random 5 that I had to beat that made me not think properly about just passing. Sorry Bub >.>


Anyway, I'll see about a THF for TH next time we go and make sure Bub gets her 2 before I get my last. And whoa! Slow II looks massive when cast on these things!


In other news, I'm loving playing on SAM. Even more so now that I have reached level 59 and can wear Hauby. One more level and GKT WS's won't suck so bad when I get Yukikaze. Penta Thrust is nice in the meantime. Just means so as not to be gimp for damage in an exp party, I only use Polearm so I grab a friend periodically to help me skill GKT to cap each time. Anyway, Anni ring is all used up now in my attempt to get to 59 and Hauby quickly ; ;


And can I say, Penta thrust is very nice both in terms of damage and skill up rate ^__^


We had our last sky run on Sunday with the LS as a whole before the infamous server jump. Went well for the most part. The Kirin fight was really slow as I don't think people were really into it cept those who stood to gain something. I like Kirin fights though. Its the reason I sank 3 merits into Tornado II.
I got lots of hate and I think I have become quite good at kiting him lol. Like this!


...though sometimes, his memory doesn't fail him as well and he comes looking for me after I think I'm in the clear. >.>


The funniest part was telling Bubbo to stand back as I go in to induce Astral Flow....like so....


The even was also made more humorous by Rath informing me of the following omission in one of my previous posts.


Before Sky, By had asked me to help him get his subligar for Gaudy harness (BRD48 at the time) to which I was more than happy to help with after he helped me skill GKT the night before. Got down there, charmed the IT slime and murdered the BST lickity split. My success rate on this is like 2/3 now. ^__^b


And to live up to my word in my shoutbox, here is my obligatory "make fun of By" section of the post lol.


Finally, check out these cool weapons that were added to the game recently.



See ya next time!

No comments: