Friday, September 19, 2008

100!

Wow. Very exciting night last night! Congratulations to Evolpmal on our first Runic key and access to floor 100. Pretty smooth final climb that gave us Khimaira as the last obstacle in gaining the Runic Key. Khimmy's HP went down 89% in a matter of seconds before Fulmination almost stopped us dead. That para is STRONG!. But we held on and got the win with a couple of minutes still remaining. I feel like a real loot whore but along with my Windslicer, I got this...


Lovin' Goliard chapeau for my MND build. I'll prolly live in this piece for the most part especially in Nyzul Isle. Thank you so much Evolpmal. Really excited to climb us all on Byanys new disc and get everyone up high enough to open Nyzul weapons fast.

Speaking of which, after Nyzul Isle, we had Limbus then Byany and I teamed up to work on our weapon skills. Byany on NIN with this (congrats)...


...and Mercurial kris was a lot of work to keep up with tp wise. Congrats also to Al on WAR GA, By on BRD dagger and Aj on NIN katana (I think that was all >.>). About 30 minutes later, Tachi: Rana showed in my weapon skill list. JOY! A quick trip to Jeuno was required to lock in the WS for any GKT.



I REALLY like the look of this WS. Nowhere near as strong as YGK (well on /DNC anyway) but the ability to 2 step and 3 step Darkness solo is really cool. Sekkanoki Rana <-> Gekko makes Darkness and Kasha > Rana > Gekko > makes Gravitation into Darkness. Here's a couple of action shots.




I am really loving SAM at this point. Everything I have done with it of late is just so much fun and makes the game really fun to log into. I'm even looking forward to spamming WSs to help the others in the group open their WSs sooner. Another couple of pics showing my hang time are needed!!



LOL, the terrored Gekko was cool. Hung there for about 5-10 seconds.

My motivation to merit is also at an all time high and resulted in this.


Sad to drop some of my Axe merits that I have enjoyed so much on BST but I have come to some realizations about BST that while I love the job and what it can do, show me its limitations but the ability to do the job with less buffs to the job speaking as a non-career BST). I'm able to do everything I did before (showing how great BST is) with less CHR gear and less DD gear. And that frees up some more gil to be able to buff the jobs like SAM which need the gear and gil to perform at its peak.

So a really good night last night. Thanks again to my friends in my group. Special thanks to Katie for stepping in for the 100 floor effort in Enin's place.

Stay tuned for more excitement out of Nyzul Isle and from across Vana'diel!

No comments: