Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Of Americans diets etc.

Wow, its been too long. 3 weeks for the loss. To my small number of readers, sorry. Hopefully this makes up for it.

As per the title of this post, lets start with one of the many deep and philosophical discussions that we seem to have each week. As a little background to it, it started with me making myself these awesome homemade burgers that I had to tout as the best ever made. Mmmm, even now they make me hungry though that may just be a side effect of starting this experimental two week gluten free diet but doesn't a homemade burger with bacon, camembert cheese, cheddar cheese, tomato, onion, lettuce, ketchup, mustard and mayo just sound awesome??!! Anyway, I digress, on to the conversation...


Sidenote: I don't REALLY hate Americans. Just parts of their culture and habits. Just so wrong.

Apart from having to organize a new person to add to the static every few weeks it seems, the group is going really well. I decided to make a new LS for it and the people who are involved. A way to give info out for the coming week etc and a place to hang out for friends that aren't in my main LS.

With the recent update and changes to Nyzul Isle, I think interest is at an all time high. While I was away last week (right after the changes were implemented), the group did a few low floor runs resulting in weapons dropping. It will be a big focus now to get everyone from 1-100 on their own discs so as they can break the latents on their weapons much faster and gain access to the new WS's on offer. Here's one of the weapons that Loren picked up (the first one I had ever seen in person funnily enough).


Grats to the others who got weapons too. I had a pic of Enin getting Denali hands too but lost it somewhere so grats to you too 9!

Loren, Aless and I also spent a little more time in Onzozo trying to pop Ose for the jerkin. Loren wants one for his one day 67 DRG. Its a fun outing messing with the various NMs down there. 2x BST and a PLD/THF ftw. Its funny how much difference even the first level of Treasure hunter makes as seen here...


In the end, we got Narasimha and LoO to pop. Once again, PLD/THF wins the day even if the amount of work actually done by him is all but nothing >.>


Aless happily loot whored the drop which I hear was very fun on 72 BRD. Whiff whiff whiff whiff whiff whiff whiff whiff, right Al? :p



Campaign continues to be a great time waster for me. After getting SAM to 75, I can now easily solo most if not all normal mobs in any given fight. About the hardest I find are the damn Gnats with their fast attack speed and tp erasing moves. HATE Gnats. Anyway, here was the first time I saw Campaign Fafnir. Very cool to see it fighting for us.


I tried my hand an one of my most hated Campaign bosses, Ga'Dho Softstep. I seriously hate this guy but he was the only one left and I had just been invited to party so it was a quick way home to try him. As I started meleeing him, I noticed his regular hits weren't too bad. Then it happened as normal...


Hate that guy. Seriously.

Can I just say, it's also fun to randomly come across friends and LS mates dead on the battle field. I wasn't taking a dump Big. Just watching the action.


While I'm talking about Big, during our recent spat of ZNMs, I got this pic of Big as 75 BLM nuking Dea with Bubbo on 75 RDM. Big, you shame us lol...


So we have started messing with the ZNM system. I personally haven't tried one since the update where the mobs are supposed to get harder as time goes on but overall, they are fun to do as a small group. I haven't really gotten anything of note yet but grats to Bub, Big and By who have. I really would like Tomoe though. Too bad Armed Gears was an ass on my pop item. Check out my new friend Cheese though.


Limbus is also going well. MeneoCecus does really well in there low manning everything at the moment and succeeding most of the time. Low man runs also allow for lots of ABCs for everyone and more AF upgrades. I got another set for BST gear last night though I'm saving for SAM at the moment. I think I'm done with BLM now after gaining this piece...


Lastly, SAM has been going great. Got 75 recently as mentioned earlier and I just love playing on this job right now. Its everything a damage whore like myself could want. Here are pics of my gear setups for melee, WS and Oshi moments right now.




I am happy with where I am at as far as AH items go now after buying Peacock charm. My current gear goals include upgrading SAM AF hands and legs for WS (Acc is so important to me. Nothing worse than missing that big WS. Selling Alky's = a +13 DEX swing and only a -4 STR swing. I can deal with that), Askar helm (maybe tonight!), Bushinomimi, Justice torque and Black tathlum one day and a few Arhat pieces of Oshi eventually though these don't matter much at this point. My current Oshi gear is more for Campaign when Third Eye is down than anything to be honest.

I've been meriting hard of late too in an effort to get GKT skill capped ASAP. I killed all my sword merits and half my axe ones to achieve this and finished it last night.


Now I'm on to Overwhelm once, then cap STP, Meditate, finish Overwhelm, one into the share tp one and finish off with Blade bash. I'm very excited to see how much difference this is going to make in a meripo with Loren who OWNED me in the parse over the weekend. Enjoy it while it lasts Elf.

Meripo's are generally very fun. I usually end up in pt's with friends who know what they are doing like this one with Enin where the RNG was weilding a Kraken Club and this WS below was about the average. OWNED!


But every once in a while you get into a pt like this one where you get a SAM like this...


BUY ACCOUNTS MUCH?! Yes, he has Kirin's Osode, Cerberus Mantle, PCC, Tiphia Sting accompanied but level 36 DEX ring, Rasetsu +1 gear, and Ohat as melee gear. W...T...F! I like to think I take time and care in my gear to be at least decent in what I do. People like this make me sad. Thankfully he left quite early before I blew a gasket and left myself and we ended up getting another good SAM who had great gear and skill and together we tore up the mobs. Here's a couple of damage pics from that pt. First one is solo Fusion (Gekko > Kasha), second is Light off the other SAM's Distortion (Yuki > Gekko > Kasha). This is why I took up SAM ^__^b



The party even had fun moments like this where the BRD mispulled half the Greater Colibris in the world. Lets just say it was over very quickly.


So that about does it for yet another installment. Hope it made up for the long wait and that you enjoyed it. As always, comments and observations are appreciated.

See you soon!

No comments: