Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nyzul update

Oh the joys of Nyzul Isle. The ups, the downs, the highs, the lows. A great snapshot of how FFXI is in general.

Now that we are all at 100 with our Runic keys and weapons, our focus has been purely on acquiring the Askar body for Enin who has been with us for a while now without getting his number 1 piece. So by my count we have spent some 3 weeks, 6 tags a week, and no Askar body. Hell, when we got to 80 the first time, we got 4 in quick succession! Now all we seem to see is Goliard bodies. /sigh.
I guess I shouldn't really complain. Once we get this Askar body, we don't need more than maybe 2 other pieces to finish 80 forever. I guess its just frustrating when you have other goals in mind and the lure of 100 hats is extremely prominent.

Anyway, here are the latest drops from floor 80!









Congrats guys. Hang in there Enin. We'll get that Askar body for you yet! Grats Dawn on acquiring an armor piece on your very first run with us.

In other news, I have discovered for myself the wonders of Level Sync over the last week or so. My Ranger sub had been sitting at 23 for a long while when I decided that I needed to get it finished. It would provide a means of piercing damage (while I wait for Tomoe) in Limbus and a fun alternative sub for bird camp.
So I joined a few Level Sync's with Al and got to 28 then grabbed Bubbo on her COR (which was doing more damage than my RNG >.>) and Al on his WHM and we trioed a few levels in North Gustaberg [S] and finished it all off with 2 parties from 31-37 over the last few days all under the Level Sync restriction. Wow I say. Apart from not having the higher 30+ ability to Barrage, it was awesome. No need to have lowbie gear kept on a mule. Just join, go and have fun watching your levels fly by.
So I finished that off yesterday and have started the arduous task of leveling Archery to 230. Seems to skill up ok. I got 15 levels in about an hour last night so if that keeps up, I'll be able to Sidewinder by weeks end. really looking forward to seeing what that can do.
Now all I have to do is level PLD (05), MNK (15), BRD (21), DRK (32) and SCH (1) to 37 to be done with subjobs/Maats Jobs to 37. I think I'll do DRK and BRD first then see about PLD. PLD might be fun enough to take further but we'll see.

No comments: