Friday, November 21, 2008

Pictures worth a thousand words.

So yesterday was equally as annoying and frustrating as it was good and funny. Another 2 runs at bosses in Nyzul Isle resulted in no drops again. Our 100 floor Cerberus was unusually easy whereas a couple of deaths on the way to Hydra on floor 80 cost us the valuable seconds we needed to finished her off. Back to back Pyric Bulwarks ended up our undoing and we were ejected with about 9% left on her.

I did get this cool shot though. If you can't make it out, Hydra turned all black after a WS or spell that was cast on her. You see it now and then on mobs when you cast fire on them and they turn and stay orange. I had never seen black before though. I'd be very interested to know why they do that if anyone knows. Does it do anything of note to the mob? Are the temporarily weakened to spells of that element? Please advise if you know.


Equally frustrating was our Limbus run. Was the first time I have been to SE Apollyon as a melee. I didn't realise how much damage the mobs take in there provided you aren't using a weapon that is weak to the current floors mobs resistance. First floors were slimes that I knew took no damage from blunt weapons. OK yay GKT right? Waited a few seconds for PLD to get hate then did a Tachi: Rana which is usually quite weak anyway. 1156. Say what? Next thing I know, mob hits me twice for 303 and 294 then BAM! Fluid Toss right in my face for nearly 800. Hmmm, ok. Got up thinking ok that must have been a particularly unlucky shot I took, decided to do a couple of Jumps on the next one when it was 50% dead and Fluid spread owned me again. 5 minutes later when I'm unweak, I start meleeing again, did a WS at 50% for like 1500, BAM, BAM, Fluid Toss, I'm dead AGAIN! orz

So I sat out the rest of the slime floors and waited for crabs on the next floor on which I could use Polearm (strong to slashing mobs). At 240 skill, I figured I'd just poke away but I ended up doing over 1k on each Penta. No deaths this time so that was fine. Hesitant kicked ass on PLD especially on that floors boss. Invincible > Hundred fists yo!

On to the skeleton floor (strong to piercing obviously) which resulted in my best self Darkness chain yet. A little biased I know since these mobs all take a lot of damage but still, I'm a numbers whore and flashy ones make me happy. Biggest Rana to date too by the way.


Skeletons went down without a hitch and we moved over the the Corse boss. Of course Bubbo and I got charmed and went after the next person on the hate list. OHAI2U Alessandra! ^__^/ The next screenshot made my day. All the aggro and frustration of the day dissolved away in one glorious moment in time.


Wheee. Only thing that could have made that better was if it was Aless who was charmed and I could WS for big numbers. But hey, I'm happy nonetheless.

So we ended up winning the zone with ease, 6 coins each giving me enough to upgrade my RDM hat. Byany went over to the other party to tele our new THF but she had warp already and by the time he realised, the rest of us were already teleing out ourselves. LOL. Cya!

3 comments:

MogKnight said...

:3 Regarding the funky color thing~

When you nuke a mob, they temporary change color (as a visual effect). Sometimes (especially when you gear swap right after the nuke) the color doesn't change back. It doesn't really represent anything... just a glitch really. :3

Anonymous said...

/sadface. I figured as much but never knew for sure.

Anonymous said...

i dont think that is the case. the mob changed color for all of us and i didnt swap gear when it happend.