Wednesday, November 26, 2008

OMG, it DOES still exist!

Things all of a sudden seemed to come together and a whole bunch of projects were completed last night. As you well know if you have followed my blog of late, our Nyzul mission has been to secure Enin his Askar body so we have spent the last few weeks (4 iirc) spamming 80's in this pursuit. Last night was our last night all together before I go on vacation next week for the month of December and I was really hoping it would drop for us then. Well guess what...



Yay, it still exists. After a flurry of Korazin drops when we first arrived at 80, this is the first one in months we have seen. Mucho congrats Enin. Thanks for your patience on it and all your help with everyone elses drops since you joined. Thanks to the rest of the group for all of YOUR patience as well. When I get back, we'll be spamming heads!

A theory was put forward about why we had such horrible luck with that last Korazin. The theory stated that because Byany, our bard, refused to take a Goliard body, going as far as to pass on it for our first time THF Dawn last week, Nyzul refused to give anything else till he got one. So last night, the first 80 boss dropped nothing, 2nd dropped Goliard AGAIN which Byany took as no one else wanted/needed one, 3rd was Korazin. Hmmm.


I accidentally deleted the screenshot of By in his body but you get the idea in Enin's one above. We also completed all of our weapon needs with Dyl getting his WAR GA and Loren getting his COR gun, both weapons not even for jobs that are at 75 yet. Its a good feeling to know we are checking stuff off the list.




And congrats to Loren on finally attaining SL rank, getting Perdu GA and getting rid of that damn awful Berserkers axe. So nub looking if you ask me.

A running joke with our group is the existence of a character called LorAn who always seems to be in the vicinity when we are doing our Nyzul runs. This being a joke because we have our member LorEn. Anyway, he decided to make a cameo last night both in screen and vocally. Kinda creepy really.



In other news, Limbus provided the mats for my RDM hat upgrade. A nice piece for me. I'll use it often for sure.


And my SAM seems to be progressing nicely too. I have a lot of things I want to do with it, things that are not really necessary but just in the interests of making it as good as I can with resources available to me. Of course merits are a big thing. I finished Group 1 SAM merits recently and started back into the Group2 ones. I reluctantly decided to open Blade Bash and Shikikoyo before finishing Overwhelm. That done, Overwhelm #2, GO!



After Overwhelm is finished, I'll finish the other 2 before moving on to RDM or STR.

Another thing I have been working on has been /RNG. Sidewinder/Soboro spam is just too intriguing to pass up so I finished RNG sub, got my Breeze gorget (Sidewinder AND Kings Justice tyvm!) and even got Hachiman Domaruuuuuuuuu and pants made/signed by friends for it. Since then, my Archery skill rose high enough to get Sidewinder which I immediately tried out. Encouraging numbers to say the least.



Archery at 185 and climbing steadily!

Tomoe still remains high on my list of SAM priorities too. I got enough Zeni and killed all the mobs to acquire the pop item for Armed Gears. Now I just need the people and luck to make the kill and get the drop. I even got an Shadow gorget as well for Penta/Kasha. Yay for the winning lot??!!



Gorgets now are Snow (Gekko/Yuki), Shadow (Kasha/Penta) and Breeze (Sidewinder/Kings Justice). Flame into storage. When I get Tomoe, I will also work on capping Parry skill. Kinda placebo but useful nonetheless and helpful in making my SAM as good as it can be.

So there you have it. Lots done, lots acquired, lots of happiness. A great way to go on vacation. The blog will not be updated again till January some time though I will be checking in on the Shout box periodically. So if I don't talk or hear from you again before then, merry Christmas, happy new year, good luck in your game pursuits over the next month and thanks for your interest in my writings over the last year.

Cya soon! ^__^/