Monday, November 3, 2008

The weekend from...heaven?

One word: WOW!

A great week led into an even better weekend. During the week we made a push for 100 in Nyzul Isle as a group so that everyone had access to the weaponskills ASAP. Unfortunately we were thwarted a couple of times and ended up with everyone at 85 for now. We put the last 2 tags toward a couple of shots at 80 which resulted in...



...and then....


...which resulted finally in....


Again, maximum respect to my group who got Cerberus down to 1% before we all died with only meds, Paeon and 2-3 2 hours in hand. I never saw so much Magma Hoplom spam in my life. Had it been Khimmy or Hydra, we woulda won it EASY! All in all, it was fun especially now that we do things on Skype. Makes things far easier not having to type out instructions and calls in addition to everyone being hilarious. Oh and congrats Al on Grimace body.

The week also saw me temper my desire/plan for Maat's cap. While it is still my ultimate goal in this game, I have settled on just working slowly toward it instead of spending all my spare time on different jobs. This has led to a sense of relaxation that I had lost after considering the mammoth task ahead as well as being able to continue focusing on merits. The plan at this point is to get PLD, MNK, BRD, DRK and RNG to 37 which will put all my Maat jobs at 37 or more also opening more subjob options like RNG on SAM. After that, I'll just choose a job at a time and play with it to ~66. Slow and steady wins the race right?

The weekend arrived which saw Al and I decide to work on our Orc SNM popsets. We had duo'd 3 items so far making a little money along the way. We put away another 3 as a duo as well as killing Onyx Eye again in hopes of getting a Mirror Tiara to drop. Onyx Eye is an easy BST duo and the tiara sells for 400-500k. Easy money...if it drops. We did get Llwyd's clogs and Viator Cape as pricey drops from the day however. The BLM NM was #7 in line and we were ready to do it when a couple of other BSTs came into our camp and started on the RNG. Needing the pets they were using, we decided to team up with them and get them on their way sooner and get our camp back. One of them dc'd midway and we got the other into our pt for the BLM afterwards. The BLM would be np to duo but we were getting tired and wanted to wrap up our popset ASAP so we trioed him easily. Some shots of the successful kills...





Lastly, we attempted the DRG mob but I am convinced he is nigh on impossible to take as a trio or less. As his HP diminishes, his Jump power (which he spams incidentally) increases. At 50%, he we jumping for 1300+ and taking half of a pets life. Needless to say, pets were dying too fast and we ended up zoning. I think we will save him for when the LS gets together for the SNM and take him Omega style.

So we ended up 7/8 items for our popset in Al's possession and 2/8 in mine. Gnadbhod's helm, you will be mine!

Evolpmal had also planned to get together on Sunday outside of our regular schedule and burn some Kindred seals for everyone. We also got a couple of extra tag along friends who we helped gladly. Its good to be able to help friends out where normally they'd pay someone else to do the work for them.
So the plan was to burn two orbs each and hopefully make some people some money. After all the fun including this hilarious moment...


...I had the best run I have ever had scoring two Damascene cloths (kids, make sure you have a good buffer before playing on a job that takes a lot of hate and dies easily). With the extra one I bought from Enin from his drops, I ended up paying about 200k for a shot at a Vermillion cloak. A decent price to be sure! My RDM has been in need of a refresh armor piece for a while and with this opportunity to get it cheaply, I decided to jump on it. I asked Bubbo if she would sign it for me to which she agreed. Check out the most unexpected result...


Woot! Signed HQ gears ftw! Thank you so much Bub. I'll be keeping this till I get rare/ex refresh armor for both BLM and RDM which will probably never happen or a dire need for gil arises which I can't see happening because I also saved enough gil to purchase my Haubergeon +1 this weekend as well! Now I am at a point where I don't need to buy anything else for my jobs. Everything else I want/need comes from drops that are rare/ex. Its a nice position to have worked ones self into.

Also helped Rathiel and Nelwynn out with Amaltheia for Kurosawa.Kuro is just starting on his Aegis quest so I was happy to come along and help them beat the sheep down. Yay kill shot!


Great weekend resulting in some gear that I have needed/coveted for a while all in the company of friends who make the game fun. Thank you everyone ^____^b

3 comments:

Rod said...

Dang you for posting about Amaltheia before I did!!! I'll beat you some day!

Omari said...

Wow, I feel ya on the white magic restricted pathos(sp?). We got that on a chariot floor.. pretty much game over.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, like I said though, any other boss and we woulda won np.

Rath, your blog doesnt even exist anymore. QQ