Tuesday, October 23, 2007

RPK, EPK and really good math

So I have been hanging out with Rathiel quite a bit lately. "What are you thinking Enn?!" I can hear some of you thinking as you read this. Trust me, the thought has gone through my head a few times as well >.>

I keep going back for more punishment because its actually really quite amusing at times and to be fair, Rath really is quite good at what he does. Every week, we get together at some point to do week exp scrolls. Rath did a really good write up on it on his blog which you can check out here.

He coined the term "RPK" a little while back which has taken off in the LS. RPK was taken from the FFXI term "MPK" which stands for "Monster Player Kill". We BSTs used to be able to charm an aggressive monster, take it to a nearby bunch of douchebags attempting to steal our camp sites, release it and watch it attack the douchebags and usually kill them all. Well now Rath has decided that since he can't do that with the aggressive monsters of the world, he will take it upon himself to maintain the balance of life and death in Vana'diel. What does this mean to this blog posting? Well, inevitably one or both of us end up dead. Now, I HATE dying. HATE IT! It makes me really mad and I take every necessary measure not to die. I take my time going places, I don't challenge the dojo of mobs that will most likely own me and I exp with good players. Don't get me wrong, I'll take one for the team when the situation demands it but its the unnecessary, preventable deaths that really get up my nose. This is the kind of death that seems to happen with alarming frequency when I hang out with Rath. The funny thing is, for some reason, I don't mind as much. I think Altana is making me hang out with him to get me used to death and take it more with a grain of salt.

Heres one example of RPK. "Lets go and duo Limbus" Rath says to me. "OK ^^" I say like the fool I am. BAM...Dead.















Well thank Altana for giving me the opportunity to have a little paybacks ^^b Here I am "PLing" Rath on his SMN. Read: EPKing Rath on his SMN. Muwhahahaha!





























Another constant lately has been his absolutely crap internet connection. I have a theory. The appearance of this little gremlin coincides with the connection turning to custard. Look at him just standing there staring at us dead people.....















On another note, we have been doing some more fishing. I think I have convinced Rath to do the Lu Shangs rod quest with me. I also need to skill my fishing up closer to 30 so I can catch Noble ladies for cooking Dorado sushi as I dinged 90 Cooking this passed weekend ^^ I hope I never see another Rolanberry pie in my life















Raths alternate personality....or is that his real one that he keeps hidden? The frilly elf girl or the RPKing menace of an elf male? I'll let you decide. While you think about it, ask yourself what the hell he/she is doing with the fishing rod here?















Finally in this post of good times hanging with Rath, I give you HAX followed by a great display of math by one of our LS leaders........















Beware when you hang out with this guy. He hax, kills "friends" and has really good math. :p Thanks for all the "fun" Rath. Looking forward to some more. ^^b

No comments: