Saturday, June 14, 2008

Adventuring fellow fun

The June update provided us all a bunch of new content. New mobs, gear, merit caps, quests and missions. Congrats to Jazlyn and Frenzy on the first kill of Dark Ixion on the Carbuncle server. Jaz, I really would like your new cape please ^__^b


One of the bigger things I was happy to see in the update was the option to increase your Adventuring Fellow's level cap from 65 to 70. This involves a fight AGAINST said NPC in the quest called Clash of the Comrades. Now I use my NPC quite a lot from farming to weapon latent breaking to a backup Cure V when I'm doing something a little more on the risky side of life so I jumped at the opportunity do this quest.

Meeting up with Luto in Upper Jeuno, I was shocked to hear about Raka making a name for herself without me. Even more surprising was the mercenary fees she has been raking in...

! !


Oh hell yes I'm gonna fight you. I'm gonna fight you, kick your butt and take your frikkin gil!

I've been soloing a ton in Campaign on WAR/DNC with my fortitude axe so the survivability of that combo was what I was most confident would lead to an easy win over my moneybags NPC and hence what I ran off to Qu'Bia Area for our showdown as.

The fight started as expected. She didn't any harder than Campaign mobs, less even. I had read she would prolly be NIN for the fight. Shadows don't pose much of a threat with Retaliation active.

Turns out I should have been a little more worried about Mijin Gakure. >.>


Stunned. About the only word that described how I felt about that effort from my good friend Raka Maimhov. STUNNED! This took a lot to actually post as I don't usually post many if any at all of my failures lol. Well then, that called for the big guns to be pulled out. You wanna play like that Raka? Lets do this!

DING DING! Round 2...

Yeah, thats right. It's not so fun now is it!?


RDM/NIN made this fight stupid easy. About the way I expected it would be the first time. So easy that I really wasn't too impressed by her performance on the same job. Her RDM /NIN has hax MP though.

A few minutes later....


To be fair though, that was a fun fight against someone I spend a lot of time with. Good to see she still knows whos boss though. Am I right?! lol

And it was all for this purpose...


Congrats Raka!

In other news, I should perhaps make a continuing post of oddities in Van'diel. This isn't really that odd but it just looks funny right?



















And yay! Another of the ultra slow and elusive parry skill ups!


Some of you might have noticed my list of merit to-dos on the right side of my blog. I try not to every time I open my blog but I guess it keeps me motivated if a little depressed. Well, I posted that after this...

...and soon after did this!


WAR/SAM really is quite fun in the right party surrounded by the right players. This party was O...K but the RDM was whiney and the SMN who put it together was a little noobish. Hey, I got merits so I'm not complaining. I guess my point is RDMs shouldn't seek a party if they aren't willing to do their job. That job in ToAU meripos is HEAL. USE THAT MP NOOB! I understand that if I or another party member is taxing your MP pool so hard that you are out with 5 minutes left on your Convert timer, thats a problem. If your Convert timer was up 5 minutes ago, we are doing fine and you are being a whiney %@$#!. Also, /SAM is a great sub for WAR. Don't tell me otherwise when the WAR/NINs in the party are taking the same if not more damage than I am while doing half the damage overall.

/em breathes. I digress. I try to keep my blog rants to a minimum. :/

Funny picture I saw that I can relate to at times. This shows perfectly the attitude of BLMs that leveled after the release of ToAU and the decline in invites for BLMs to parties where they would have traditionally learned HATE CONTROL! lol


This week should hopefully see another body piece or 2 from Nyzul Isle. We also start our second weekly run this Saturday to try and trim our wanted items list down a little. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grats on your capped GA skill!

Anonymous said...

Thx! ^__^/

Anonymous said...

Also grats to Raka for pwning enna!

Anonymous said...

lol bubbo