Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New BST boots!

So with my RL job, I can spend quite a bit of time surfing the FFXI forums and looking at different ways to improve my game. One of the ways I can do that is with new gear. So as I was surfing the forums yesterday looking at what other people in the same jobs I have wear, I saw a potential candidate to replace my Ogre ledelsens which quite frankly are about the ugliest boots in the game.



Bleh -.-





Yay! ^^b



Khimaira gamashes looked solid mainly due to the +5 acc. The other additional stats are great too but acc is the key. You can have all the attack and STR you like while gaining tp but if you are missing, that attack and STR does you exactly no good. I prefer to load up my attack and STR for my weaponskills that come frequently due to my good accuracy.

The Khimaira set is a relatively new set too. I over looked them originally as they basicly had the same stats as the old Bison set that was meh anyway. The Khimaira set just has a few additional stats mainly aimed at the solo BST in my opinion. Though the complete set on a hume female looks really cool. Very native.

Now these boots weren't what I'd call cheap. The only set that had gone through the AH was for 1,000,000 gil so I looked up the ingredients and they worked out to be about 300,000. "Woohoo!" I think to myself. I quickly spoke to my friend Hazonko to see if his Leathercrafting was up over 93 yet and to my delight, it's at 100! So I ask if he would kindly sign this synth for me as I am a friend signed gear whore. "Np" he says.

So here I am psyching up as he attempts the synth.















Booyah! He pulls it off!















And here I am in my new Khimaira Gamashes.















I went straight out and tested them with a new BST friend of mine (Serpical) out in Bibiki bay and as well as looking great, they perform like a charm! Thanks a ton Haz. I'm coming to you for all my Leathercrafting needs. ^^b

No comments: